Pre Sale Home Improvements
Pre sale home improvements can provide the finishing touches you need to enhance the marketability, and market value, of your home. With a little tender loving care, you can ensure that your home makes a positive impact on potential buyers. While not comprehensive, the following checklists create a starting point for your pre sale home maintenance and repairs.
First impressions are important. So, when preparing the exterior of your home, be sure to:
- Maintain an attractive landscape – fertilizing, watering, mowing, and trimming the hedges as needed, until your home is sold
- Inspect your roof, making note of any loose or damaged tiles or shingles
- Replace missing gutters and downspouts, and remove all blockages and accumulated debris
- Repair or replace damaged or missing shutters and touch up the trim paint on all doors, fascia, window frames, etc.
- Wash all windows – inside and out
- Mend and paint all fences
- Clear debris from your curbs, driveway, and walkways each week
- Clean and repair your home’s driveway and walkways, removing stains and patching cracks
Within the interior of your home:
- Clean from top to bottom, paying particular attention to the kitchen and bathrooms
- Remove all stains from kitchen and bathroom fixtures and replace old caulking
- Repair or replace leaky faucets and fixtures, and unclog all drains
- Clean and deodorize all carpets and drapes – vacuum prior to each showing of your home
- Mop and wax all tile or wood floors
- Repair any cracks and holes in the walls and doors
- Touch up paint where needed
- Replace or repair all damaged window and door screens
- Make sure that all doors, drawers, cabinets, and windows are well lubricated
- Reduce clutter throughout your home, pre-packing items that are used less often
For professional handyman assistance in completing your pre sale home improvements checklist, please contact House Doctors today.